Monday, July 22, 2013

Losing It (Review)

ebook, 204 pages
Published October 15th 2012
Source: Bought

Summary

Virginity.

Bliss Edwards is about to graduate from college and still has hers. Sick of being the only virgin among her friends, she decides the best way to deal with the problem is to lose it as quickly and simply as possible-- a one-night stand. But her plan turns out to be anything but simple when she freaks out and leaves a gorgeous guy alone and naked in her bed with an excuse that no one with half-a-brain would ever believe. And as if that weren't embarrassing enough, when she arrives for her first class of her last college semester, she recognizes her new theater professor. She'd left him naked in her bed about 8 hours earlier.



 

Holy crap. This book was a bunch of awkwardness and adorableness and cuteness. Oh. And it had a really hot British guy. *sigh* Cats *muffles laughter* 
Oh how I adore this book. 

Let me just say something. This book isn't about losing virginity; it's about falling in love with someone you can't have, finding yourself and discovering who you are meant to be.  I don't really know a better way to put that.

 “We want what we can't have. It's human nature.”

Bliss walked into that bar with a purpose: losing her virginity. Not exactly my ideal way to have the deed gone with, but to each her own. Moments later she finds a really cute guy reading Shakespeare and they then proceed to quote Hamlet and Macbeth and all those other Shakespearian stuff. It's funny and a tad bit awkward. I mean, I'm the reader and I was dying of second hand embarrassment.

And of course, before anything actually happens, she, well, cats. Hamlet. 

 “I danced.
I danced without music. I screamed without sound. I celebrated in silence, in the dark, behind the curtains where no one could see.”

Then a cruel twist of fate makes him her professor. *Garrick is only one year older than her. Calm yourself*

Jeez. Ms. Carmack, you are excellent at conveying utter and complete embarrassment. How in the world did cats come into play? Oh, I don't care. I love it. 

 “What's your name, love?"
Love? LOVE! Still dying, here.
"Bliss."
"Is that a line?"
I blushed crimson. "No, it's my name."
"Lovely name for a lovely girl.”

If you haven't read it yet *cough, Kelly @ Effortlessly Reading* you need to. I promise you laugh out loud, die of embarrassment and fall in love with Garrick. I know I did.


  Jackie  

2 comments:

  1. This looks like such a fun book to read! I'm going to need to scare up a copy for myself. Thanks for sharing your review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love love LOVE this book. It's definetly in my favs for 2013(: and hon, you neeeeed to get a copy- it's fabulous!
      Happy reading
      Jackie

      Delete